Magic: The Gathering Legalese
In the Game, you will create a library of licensed digital objects that depict physical
Magic: The Gathering® cards and will obtain a limited license for the right to use such cards.
You will not acquire any ownership interest in the digital objects.
The Account is personal to you and may not be transferred, sold or used by anyone else.
You may not transfer, sell, or share your Account with anyone, unless you are a parent or guardian,
in which case you may permit one child of at least age 13 to use the Account instead of yourself.
What is the recommended click interval for targetting multiple players with storm cards?
Adept_Nightmare: There is no set time, it is a thing you get the feel of over time. Practice does make perfect.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/INDEMNIFICATION.|
IN NO EVENT SHALL WIZARDS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION FOR CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE CD, THE DOWNLOAD, THE SOFTWARE, THE GAME SERVICE, THE GAME PRODUCTS, THE GAME, THE ACCOUNT, AND ALL OTHER SERVICES, PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE RELATED SERVICES, OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THE SERVICES. WIZARDS’ LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IS LIMITED TO $15. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY; AS SUCH THEY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN THEIR ENTIRETY. YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD WIZARDS, ITS PARENT COMPANY, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM, DEMAND, OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY’S FEES, ASSERTED BY ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF YOUR ACCOUNT, THE GAME, THE GAME SERVICE, OR ANY OF THE FORUMS.
Magic cannot offer fee-based tournaments with prizes to residents of the states of
Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland,
Nevada, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, and Washingon.
If you live in one of these states, contact your representatives and urge them to change the laws.
You can also request a wider variety of Nix Tix events from Wizards of the Coast Customer Service.
Don't fall for the free avatar email scam!
Remember, employees of Wizards of the Coast (including
moderators) will NEVER ask you for your account information online or in an unsolicited email. If you have given another user information about your account ( password, billing information, etc. ), please change your password immediately by clicking on the preferences icon on the left of your MTGO screen, and visit http://www.wizards.com/customerservice to report the incident. If someone has approached you looking for your password or username, please take a screen shot or provide as much information as possible and send that to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not circumvent language filters or in any way portray inappropriate language through masking, alternate spellings, or implication. That includes "lmao", "bs" and "wtf", "muppet" thanks to the clan OnlyHell, as well as, thanks to me now, the symbols depicting a frowning face followed by the blue mana tear symbol to represent a crying face. It's impossible to create a comprehensive list of what may or may not be vulgar or offensive. As a general rule, it's best to use your judgement or ask an adept before using anything you think might be vulgar.
- Adept_Norven: Fu is a rather common acronym in the USA, and that acronym is
against the conde of conduct but kung fu, if you are discussing the martial art would be fine, because context makes it apparent that you are not meaning fu as the acronym.
- Do not advertise "ante" matches or player-run tournaments or events in main chats, unsolicited private chats, or game descriptions. Information on player-run events can be found at http://boards1.wizards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=590
- Do not advertise any business or commercial venture.
- Do not post any non-Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro URLs, links, or websites except consensually in private chat.
- Do not disrupt the chat rooms by posting multiple messages within a short time span, spamming, prolonging off topic posts, using ALL CAPS or any other means of disruption.
- Do not attempt to artificially alter the outcome of a Magic Online league, sanctioned event, or game. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Bribing or offering any compensation in order to change the outcome.
- Stalling, spamming, harassing, or behaving in any other unsportsmanlike manner that affects the game.
Double-check your trades before confirming!
Players are solely responsible for their trading transactions. Once a trade is confirmed it is final and irreversible [in some cases].
If you wish to return unopened product that you bought for an event,
the rules for refunds are at the bottom of this page:
Magic Online does not support any arrangements that work outside the built in trading system.
You can find guides to trading on Magic Online at
Please review this website for informtion on being "phished" or scammed:
For a list of some known scammers, visit http://www.mtgotraders.com//phpBB2/scam.php
If you were pleased (or not pleased) with an adept or have a complaint regarding a player,
please visit http://wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wizards.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=434
Copy the form then click "E-mail Us". (You'll need to create an account if you haven't already). Select the Topics "Game/Product Question", "Magic: The Gathering Online", "Magic Conduct/Community".
Paste and finish the form that you copied. Be sure and record the Game ID visibible on all game screens.
MTGO chat includes special commands that include the ability to add a buddy, eject a player from a game,
and display images such as smileys and mana symbols.
Information can be found in your Magic directory, located by default at:
C:\Program Files\Wizards of the Coast\Magic Online\webhelp\chat.htm
MTGO now allows for additional filtering of screen names (Show / Fade / Hide) and room events:
For a step-by-step guide to setting up magic.ini see
In Magic Online, you automatically pass when you play a spell or
If you want to keep priority, hold down the CTRL (control) key
while you play the spell or ability
and any additional mechanics such as clicking off mana for a spell like Blaze.
If you would like to get a ruling from a judge
or check to see what others have asked a judge recently go to
You can also use email@example.com for help.
If you believe you've lost product due to a problem or server crash, please visit
Any legal concerns or issues should be submitted to:
Wizards of the Coast Legal Department
P.O. Box 707
Renton, WA 98057
All legal issues must be submitted in writing.
Legal issues cannot be discussed through chat or any other medium.
Contact Customer Service
Customer Support: 1-800-324-6496 (in the U.S. or Canada)
[International Access Code] + 425-204-8069 (outside U.S. and Canada).
9am - 6pm PST (Seattle/Los Angeles time) Monday to Friday.
Wizards of the Coast
Attn Customer Service
PO Box 707
Renton, WA 98057-0707